Catch recognises the importance of your privacy, and that you have a right to control how your personal information is collected and used. We know that providing personal information is an act of trust and we take that seriously. Unless you directly give us consent to do otherwise, Catch will only collect and use your personal information as set out below.
Collection of information
The four main ways we collect personal information about you are:
- when information about you is posted on a Catch website, either by you or by a third party;
- when you log into a Catch website or otherwise submit personal information to Catch;
- when you use a Catch website, in which case our system automatically collects information relating to your visit to that website, such as your IP address; and
- through the operation of CatchBot, Catch’s web crawler (described in more detail below).
Using and disclosing your personal information
Our purpose in collecting information about you is to:
- provide you with a better service experience with content and advertising that is more relevant to your interests; and
- reate a business information database for use as part of Catch’s online business. Whilst Catch’s business information database is designed to operate as a business directory (not a directory of individuals) it is possible that personal information may become included in the business information database.
Catch will not use or disclose any information about you without your consent, unless:
- the use or disclosure is for one of the purposes described above or otherwise permitted by this policy;
- it is required or permitted by law (including by relevant privacy laws);
- we believe it necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another Catch website user, any member of the public or Catch; or
- any of the assets and/or operations of Catch are being transferred to another party.
If you do not provide requested information, Catch may not be able to provide you with access to or full use of sections of the Catch website.
Sometimes, the activities described above require us to share your personal information with other organisations. The types of situations in which Catch usually discloses personal information, and the types of organisations to which such disclosure is usually made, include the following:
- The business information database is available via the internet to any member of the public. It is also disclosed in its entirety to Catch’s related entities and to other entities with whom Catch has a business relationship, as part of Catch’s online business.
- Catch discloses personal information to its service providers, advisers and other entities with whom Catch has a business relationship, in the course of operating the Catch websites and Catch online business and in the course of delivering the Catch services.
In seeking to give you the most worthwhile experience of our websites possible, Catch may use your personal information to send you information and product updates about Catch websites and services or to permit other parties to send other information about products or services which may be of interest to you.
We may contact you at any email or other address or contact point which we have collected or obtained in order to:
- contact you about your business listing on a Catch website;
- provide you with updated information about Catch websites; or
- provide you with other information about other products or services which you may enjoy.
If you are receiving promotional information from Catch and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may remove your name from our list by contacting the Catch Privacy Officer at email@example.com and asking to be removed from our mailing list. Please allow 28 days for this request to be processed.
Access to the information we hold